SOLDIERS’ HOME MOTORCYCLE RUN
1. Safety First!
2. We recommend all participants to pre-register, (including Waiver), online to assist with efficient registration on event day.
3. GROUP RIDERS - We understand that groups want to stay together. We encourage you stage off-sight and arrive as a group. This will greatly help with the effectiveness and efficiency of registration, parking and departing on time in a SAFE manner.
4. We will be escorted by the Hampden County Sheriff's Dept. The pace will be set by our Ride Capt., in the lead cruiser. A second cruiser will be near the middle of the group. A third cruiser will be in the rear of the group. Constant communication will be maintained throughout the ride to prevent gaps and keep the ride, SAFE. We ask all participants to keep pace in a cautious manner.
5. Riders will be in a 2x2 staggered formation, with the exception of Trikes.
6. If for whatever reason a rider has to leave the group; if you are on the left, peel off to the left, if you are on the right, peel off to the right.
7. If a rider peels off from the group, the trail rider will fill in that spot, eliminating any gaps.
8. Any rider that peels off from the group will fall in at the end of the entire group. We can not over emphasize the importance of SAFETY. Trying to return to your original starting spot will cause a hazardous situation, of which we are trying to avoid.
9. Remember that this ride is to Honor and Support the Veteran residents, Staff, Families and Visitors of the Soldiers' Home. We can accomplish that by having a great time and arriving home safely at the end of day.
2019 HSHMC Run Route
The route is as follows:
-Turn right onto Cherry Street from soldiers home
-continue onto Beech Street for 1.4 miles
-continue onto Route 202 N. 0.7 miles
-At the traffic circle take the second exit and stay on US- 202 N. 7.7 miles
-Turn right onto School Street for 1.1 miles
-continue on to Chicopee Street 1.7 miles
-Chicopee Street, turn slightly right and becomes Carver Street 0.4 miles
-turn left onto Brook Street 0.4 miles
-turn left onto West Street 4.3 miles
-turn right onto Russell Street 0.2 miles
-continuing to Shawnigan Drive 1.6 miles
-continuing to Fuller Road 1.3 miles
Loyal Order of the Moose is on the right